Vinifera Wine Bar & Bistro is a contemporary, urban-chic restaurant, dark wood accented with glass and metal finishes mixed with warm leather and cool fabrics. Vinifera’s fresh and inviting atmosphere is guaranteed to uplift your spirit. The tabletops are uncluttered and adorned with modern yet sophisticated...
A Virginia Green Hotel Committed to Sustainable Practices
The Westin Reston Heights is a proud participant in the statewide Virginia Green program, a green initiative focused on sustainable hotel practices. From lighting and temperature controls to green meetings, The Westin Reston Heights is one hotel in Reston that is committed to reducing its carbon footprint and improving sustainable practices at every level of operations. Our hotel is a certified member of Virginia Green Lodging, and participates in green meeting practices, such as:
- Clean-up crews are trained to recycle all recyclable materials from conferences, receptions, etc.
- Recycling areas are well marked and displayed throughout the facility and are easily accessible.
- Reusable serving containers and table cloths are used.
- Reusable dishes, silverware, and napkins are provided for conference participants.
- Provide water and other beverages in pitchers or other bulk dispensers.
Certified member of Virginia Green Lodging
- Recycling bins added to all guest rooms
- Recycling practiced property-wide
- Eco-friendly housekeeping, cleaning chemicals
- Hybrid Car Parking Spaces
- Use of CFL Bulbs
- Align with a local charitable organization to donate used, linens, bath amenities and unexpired food
- Recycle Printer Cartridges, cell phones and batteries
- Stock Paper contains 30% recycled materials
- Toilet Tissue, facial tissue and paper hand towels property wide are made from recycled materials
- Regular scheduled preventative maintenance on HVAV and kitchen maintenance
- Hold quarterly energy audits
- Minimize and consolidate deliveries between Food & Beverage and Housekeeping
- Furniture donation
- Eliminate paper-based local telephone directories
- Temperature setting and drapery standards in guest room and office space
- Transition to motion detector light switches in all closet, offices and ice machine landing on the floors
- Green Meetings initiative: E-Communication, paperless billing, sustainable menu items